Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution appertains to keeping and/or sharing specific web content on a web server run by a web hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a gaze at these. In this way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to set up a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by given providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allocate the tasks at hand between independent hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different web site hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a vast amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the service is typically free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mails. Some companies offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to own as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To some degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Fully Web Hosting, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for particular web content solely.